torsdag 9 juni 2011

Mördaren Mark Zuckerberg

Bildlänk
Facebooks grundare tar sig tid för ett projekt om året, förra året lärde han sig kinesiska, i år äter han bara djur som han har dödat själv. Detta har så klart väckt kommentarer. Så här säger han själv om sitt beslut: 

"This year, my personal challenge is around being thankful for the food I have to eat. I think many people forget that a living being has to die for you to eat meat, so my goal revolves around not letting myself forget that and being thankful for what I have. This year I've basically become a vegetarian since the only meat I'm eating is from animals I've killed myself. So far, this has been a good experience. I'm eating a lot healthier foods and I've learned a lot about sustainable farming and raising of animals. 
I started thinking about this last year when I had a pig roast at my house. A bunch of people told me that even though they loved eating pork, they really didn't want to think about the fact that the pig used to be alive. That just seemed irresponsible to me. I don't have an issue with anything people choose to eat, but I do think they should take responsibility and be thankful for what they eat rather than trying to ignore where it came from."
Spontant tycker jag det här låter skitbra men samtidigt är det ju inte svartvitt. Bara för att man klarar av att döda ett djur, betyder det att det är mer hedervärt eller rätt? Själv har jag mer respekt för dem som tar ansvaret att ta reda på var deras mat kommer ifrån och om man ska äta kött så ska man kunna ha slaktat det själv men samtidigt - bara för att man kan döda, måste man göra det?
Så här säger författaren till Äta Djur, Jonathan Safran Foer: 
"Some have tried to resolve to resolve this gap by hunting or butchering an animal themselves, as if those experiences might somehow legitimize the endeavor of eating animals. This is very silly. Murdering someone would surely prove that you are capable of killing, but it wouldn’t be the most reasonable way to understand why you should or shouldn’t do it. 
Killing an animal oneself is more often than not a way to forget the problem while pretending to remember. This is perhaps more harmful than ignorance. It’s always possible to wake someone from sleep, but no amount of noise will wake someone who is pretending to be asleep."

Inga kommentarer: